NOTE

Sunday, July 17, 2016

COMIC-CON 2016

For the first time since 2006 and only the second time since 1999, I won't be attending the San Diego Comic-Con this year! No, I wasn't unable to secure a badge; in fact my friends were very lucky with the online lottery this year and we could've grabbed tickets for all of us with no hassle for a nice change of pace. But I'm voluntarily skipping this one due to the birth of my son. If all goes according to plan, by the time this post goes up, he's on his way into the world, if not here already. So no reminiscences this year about SDCCs past, and no recaps a week after I return. I'll be way too busy!

But, that said, I planned for this. Just last night I finished John Byrne's FANTASTIC FOUR and wrote the last post in that series, and I'm a few months ahead of schedule on Friday posts as well, while my monthly X-Men Collected Edition reviews are written and ready to go up through the end of the year -- so Blogger will continue publishing 'em even as I'm far too busy to keep writing 'em (though I may not have much time to respond to comments the next week or two).

Next year I hope to be back at Comic-Con with the bundle of joy along for the ride (not at the con, but on the trip at least), but for 2016, I'm sitting it out.

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the (presumed) new arrival! And I remained envious of how far ahead you've managed to write. I really need to take some steps to build myself a cushion like that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My cushion isn't usually quite this big, but I made a very strong effort this time since I knew the baby would consume all my attention for some time after his birth. Under typical conditions, the cushion is more like a couple months rather than half a year!

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to have you back with us next year!

    Brian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brian! Hopefully you get to meet the new arrival before next July.

      Delete
  3. I didn’t want to jinx things by congratulating you before the kid’s arrival was confirmed, but now we can blame Teebore if, like me, he decides to stay in that comfy nook a while longer and your wife is fit to burst. So… Happy Fatherhood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Blam! He was about a week late, though I think my wife felt fit to burst for the past month or so. At any rate, I appreciate the comment!

      Delete